In liberal arts classes, students:
- Learn and apply critical thinking skills using evidence to construct and evaluate effective arguments, analyze cultural activity, and propose effective responses to problems in society.
- Learn how to evaluate information in terms of logic, accuracy, and ethical implications.
- Advance their media, textual, academic, historical, and cultural literacy.
- Practice civic engagement and understand the importance of an equitable society.
Humanities and English majors consider professions in the following fields:
- Education, including teaching and research
- Media including journalism, film, and television
- Public policy and government professions
- Non-profit and social advocacy professions